For info on the Northern Saints direct your browser to https://www.northernsaintsrugby.com
Northern Saints Rugby has been born in 2019 and competes in the Sydney Suburban (subbies) 3rd division. In 2019 they will field 3 senior grade teams as well as a re-vitalised U21 colts team.
The Northern Saints welcomes you to Hassall Park. The top balcony has a great match day vista and licensed bar.
With a great bunch of blokes and enthusiastic coaches. This year promises fresh expertise, good rugby, sensational atmosphere and a new era.
With a focus on player Recruitment and player conditioning – We have identified the need to have a good value proposition for players at the club. So therefore, have a strength conditioning program to be included as part of the preparation for the season. Several events for our home games as well as a social calendar within the playing members have also been planned.
Pre-season training is every Wednesday evening from 7-8pm throughout Feb and March. Our sponsor Core9, generously runs the players through a vigorous pre-season program.
Mid week pre-season training sessions are generally two fold; Skills (St Ives Village Green) and Strength/Conditioning (Core9 Gym). We request players meet promptly at 7pm. We will also have a few weekend sessions at the beach. Details will be posted on our Facebook page.
Trials are in mid March. More details will be available on Facebook.
For more general information, registration and to keep up to date various news, please join our FaceBook page.
NSW Suburban Rugby Results are published by either using the Fusesport App or at http://rugbyresults.rugby.net.au
All players must REGISTER using the Fusesport App and PAY before playing.
Registration is very easy;
- Download the FUSESPORT APP (App Store links below)
- Select “St Ives (NSW Suburban Rugby)”
- Select a Profile Picture
- Enter your Name, DOB and Membership type
- Enter your Contact or Emergency contact details
- Proceed to Checkout
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Confirm your Registration
NOTE : Any players under 18 playing in our colts team are also required to have their parents sign-off. Your colts coach can assist you with any required ARU forms.
If you require a payment plan, you must contact club secretary prior to registering. This request should be made with some prior notice. Please don’t ask on game day!
For more detailed pdf instructions click here
GEAR / EQUIPMENT
- Shorts and Socks – New players will receive free of charge. Returning players may purchase at minimal cost. Available pre-season details TBA.
- Jerseys – Supplied by the club. Each manager is responsible for issuing and collection on match day.
- Boots – Must be IRB approved. Moulded or screw-in OK (studs must not be sharp or missing).
- Headgear & Body Armour – Must be IRB approved.
- Training Gear and Merchandise – Purchase quality Canterbury gear directly from our online store. We will look to stock items in the future. However, for the moment please allow lead time of approx 4 -6 weeks for delivery.
- Mouthguards – For many, a boil and bite mouthguard may be adequate. However, the ADA recommends a custom fitted mouthguard as being superior. Better comfort, protection and speech. Our sponsor Boss Hog Mouthguards supplies various local dentists with superior custom fitted mouthguards and most healthcare funds offer generous rebates. Why not visit your local dentist and get a dental health check at the same time.
St Ives Rugby Club had its birth in April 1957 when “a motley team of 12 year olds trooped onto the field to inaugurate the Saints tradition”. At this time, St Ives was still a largely rural community made up of market gardens and orchards.
In 2017 St Ives Rugby celebrated 60 years of rugby.
In 2019 the Northern Saints Rugby were born.
Check out this great “winners” photo from 1963.
Matches and training will be ON unless notified by either your team manager or posted as news on FaceBook
Please be aware due to reasonably good drainage, Hassall Park can receive special clearance contrary to Council Notices, allowing for some common sense. In this case, coaches will train in areas of the main pitches.
For training nights, a decision to cancel will often not be made until 3pm.
For matches, every effort is made to notify teams with good notice. However, please understand if the decision to cancel is not made until you have already made the journey. Grounds are often assessed before play commences.