Vice President Seniors’ message:
2 January, 2017
The 2017 season is a significant year as it marks the 60th Anniversary of the St Ives Rugby Club as well as the return of a Colts ( under 21) team in Division 3. The 2017 season will see St Ives seniors field 3 senior grade teams as well as a colts team. Preparation for the 2017 season has been going well with the key focus being:
• Coach Recruitment- We have been able to appoint Ned Carroll as the head coach to the club. Ned has a lot of experience coaching teams in Australia and abroad. Ned will be supported by experienced group of coaches, 2nd Grade coach Jason Folomu and 3rd Grade coach Phil Court. Colts coach Waisale Qalula has played the game at senior level playing for Norths and St Ives in the past. Wais has coaching experience at State level where he has coached NSW 7’s representative teams.
• Player Recruitment and player conditioning- We have identified the need to have a good value proposition for players at the club. For the season we have planned for a strength conditioning program to be included as part of the preparation for the season. Several events for our home games as well as a social calendar to create unity within the playing members have also been planned.
• Laying the foundation in 2016 we have reviewed the code of conduct for the playing members, and appointed Dee Carroll as the Director of Rugby to manage the senior members in line with this code of conduct. The Director of Rugby role s creates the platform for the seniors to have a say in the running of the club as we believe that this plays a vital role in building the club going forward.
• We would like to extend an invitation to those who share in the passion of rugby to join the club as player, social member, associate member or volunteer in an administrator role to build the club in 2017 and beyond.
• We are owe a lot to our sponsors of the club, and with their support we are able to support the players and contribute to the St Ives community.
Should you like to speak to us directly or have any further questions we will be happy to discuss with you your thoughts on playing or volunteering for St Ives Rugby Club.
Vice President Seniors at St Ives Rugby